Make up Monday | An Introduction to Kiko Milano



Kiko Milano
Kiko Milano
Gold Eyes
Lips
Fresh Face
Kiko is a brand that up until recently was not readily available in the UK. When I first discovered the brand, the only places we could see the line was online or in London. Fast forward 6 months and they now have stores in Leeds, Manchester and Birmingham. It can be quite overwhelming as they cover a whole range of products from nail polish to skincare at very affordable prices, so I thought I would share some of the pieces I have in my collection.

Let us start with the cheeks. I decided to try the Kiko Soft Touch Blush in the shade 110. This is a bright pink shade perfect for an everyday make up look and one I will be bringing out a lot during the warmer months.

The formula of the Kiko Soft Touch blush is easy to work with. It is a powder blush but blends evenly on to the skin and has great pigmentation. You can start off really softly and build up the colour intensity depending on the look you are going for.

A recent find on my last visit to the Kiko Store in Covent Garden was one of their Single Eyeshadows in the shade 102 which is described as a Dark Pearly Gold. For £2.90 this is a keeper. I have a feeling I will be picking up more from the range.

The formula is creamy and blendible while being incredibly pigmented. When I applied this to the lids I was excited about the colour it deposited on the skin. Kiko claims this last Twelve hours and while I can't dispute that, I have not tested it out. (who in all seriousness wears eye shadow for that long?)

One of the main reasons I wanted to venture in to Kiko was because of the Intensley Lavish range. The lipsticks and lip liners looked incredible and I wanted to check them out in store. I instantly fell for the shade 4 in both the lipstick and liner.

I will say off the bat the colour that applies on the lips is slightly lighter than it looks like in the bullet. On my lips this is a lot more coral based compared to what you see in the tube.

The Instensely Lavish lip liner is my favourite part of the duo. It is creamy, fills in the lips easily without you having to tug too much on the lips. You can fill your entire lips with this and be done. Your lips will look full and powerful.

On the other hand, the lipstick has a creamy formula while packing a lot of colour. If you find matte lipsticks for the colour but want something less drying, this is one to try. I do enjoy the colour and if I am only going out for a couple of hours this is one I would wear but for something long lasting I may opt for more of a matte lipstick.

Overall Kiko does some great pieces. You can see the haul I did last year here if you want more information about some of their products.

Kiko has recently opened in the Trafford Centre which is incredibly exciting. Let me know what you like me to talk about from them next. Another haul perhaps? so far I have been very impressed. 

bloglovin' | twitter

Labels: