Make up Monday | Burnt Autumn


The colour of the moment has to be the burnt red/ orange shades on the lids and lips. It is the personification of autumn colours on the face. On the first glance, it can appear to be a look that is overwhelming and over done so I thought I would share with you how I wore it. 

I started with the eyes and used my Inglot Freedom Style System Palette. I first went in with the red shade, taking it all over the lids and in to the crease. Once that was done, I took the bright gold shade from the palette and packed it on the centre of my lids. The gold allows the look to become more wearable and something you can wear during the day as it tones down the red slightly. 

The way I chose to wear this is with just mascara and no liner. I found this helped to give a fresh look rather than a deep and heavy look. 

On the lips I went with a combo I have not worn in a very long time. I wanted to find the exact lip liner to match my lipstick but the only red lip liner which I have at the moment is the Barry M lip liner which has slight orange undertones in it. I filled them in completely before going in with my NARS VIP Red lipstick. I love this lipstick. It is my first NARS lipstick. It is a matte formula but it contains vitamin E so it is extremely nourishing on the lips. It is a deep burnt red shade which is very flattering on the majority of skintones. I think it is limited edition so if you are interested in the shade snap it up when you can. 

Over all I really like this look. In the evening I would definitely wear some liner with the look but I quite like this for a day time look when you want to wear some make up but not look over done.  
bloglovin' | twitter

Labels: