Top Tip Friday | Getting Fresh Faced

September has officially started which means routine is coming back in our lives. We are all going back to college, returning back to work and there will be times all you will want to do is get out the door.

So I thought I would share with you some things I do to do my face when I want to rush out the door but have a meeting that day or want to look semi acceptable.

One shaded eyes
When I have the time, I like to use a mixture of shadows on my lids but when you're in the rush, you really do not have time for that so I just go in with one shadow to add a little something to my lids. My go is something like the Stila shadow in Oasis.

Do the brows
Always always do the brows, they are powerful and will make you look more put together. I have an eyebrow routine on my channel coming up so keep an eye out for that.

Add highlight
I am a highlight fiend. It really perks up my skin so it is something I have to do all the time. I am a big fan of the strobing trend as I really like the way it looks on my skin. My Mary Lou-Manizer from TheBalm is my go to for this. It is perfect for a fresh face look as I find other make up tricks such as contouring can alter a look preventing it looking as fresh.

Wearing Mascara
Mascara opens your eyes. I talk about this particular point all the time so apologies for repeating myself but it really does make a different to my eyes. Once I apply a slick of mascara, my eyes look more awake. i have really tiny eyes naturally (a reason I like wearing my glasses) so this is an absolute must for me.

More concealer less foundation
Something I have been doing more lately when wanting a fresh look is focusing more on concealer. I have redness on my nose and dark circles so I make sure I apply concealer on these areas so on the rest of my face I can get away with wearing a tinted moisturiser (NARS Pure Radiance Tinted Moisturiser is an ultimate favourite) or skipping a base altogether.

I hope you liked these tips. If you want to see the look I created in this picture check out this weeks make up Monday post where I did a back to school post.



bloglovin' | twitter