Top Tip Friday | Five Budget Hacks

Five budget hacks
With people starting college and university, the topic of money and budgeting has come up quite a lot. While I am not without my financial blunders, I do know a little bit about budgeting and I thought I would share some of the things I do to help me save a few pounds here and there. 

Take your lunch with you
If you are out all day take your lunch with you. The thought of making your lunch can seem a bit time consuming in the morning (especially if you are not a morning person) but it does not take as long as you would think. It generally takes me about five minutes to make a quick sandwich and some snacks through the day. You can quicken this up with taking leftover pasta to warm up if you want too or some soup and a roll. Try it for a week, you will be surprised how quick it is and the £4 pounds a day you spend on lunch can be put towards something fun at the end of the month. 

Make a list 
Being a beauty addict, there is always something I will see that makes my eyes pop out and make me want to reach for my card. What I do is make a list and when pay day comes around I will take a look see if I still want the items on the list. Often I find I will have a couple of pieces that I can wait to purchase so that is what I will do. 

Prioritise
This is personal to each person but prioritise the things to pay for that month compared to the pieces you want. For instance when I was at university as soon as my student loan would arrive I would make sure my rent was paid. It was a huge chunk of my budget and was the most important so I got that out of the way. Once that was done I was able to see exactly what I had left over and how much to allocate for other things such as dinners and travel ect. 

Anticipate sales 
If you are a beauty junkie it is always a good thing to keep an eye on blogs and the sites of your favourite brands. They always announce when they have sales coming up. This allows you to save up and prepare. You can wait to make a sneaky purchase that may be on sale. My favourite time to spend a little bit extra on beauty is christmas time. I also have a couple of brands I keep an eye on for sales such as Illamasqua and NARS. 

Bulk Buy
This mainly refers to food but if you are a snacker buying your favourite chocolates or snacks while your grocery shopping so you have them ready makes a big difference. This is what I usually do and I find it prevents me from walking in to town on my lunch break and buying something that would cost me a bit more than it would otherwise. Places like Poundland and Home Bargains are perfect for situations like this. 

I hope this helps a lot of you. As I said I am not a budgeting guru but I have learnt a few things and wanted to share them with you. 

bloglovin' | twitter

Labels: