Wednesday Ramblings | Charlotte Tilbury Masterclass

Charlotte Tilbury Brush set
Charlotte Tilbury Norman Parkinson Collection
Charlotte Tilbury Make up
Nelson Caterino
1975 look
Geri Hall Inspired look
I love learning new ways to wear my make up. It fascinates me how you can create a different look everyday of the week if you wanted too. One of my favourite people to get inspiration for make up looks from has to be Charlotte Tilbury. She is the ultimate wonder woman in the industry.

With the release of her Norman Parkinson collection and a new stand hitting the Selfridges store in The Trafford Centre, Charlotte's Team delivered a masterclass* at the store showcasing her delightful goodies, while teaching us some of Charlotte's tips and tricks.

A good make up look always starts with skincare, so we were first introduced to Charlotte's Skincare line. I have been wanting to touch the famous Magic Cream for as long as I can remember, rumoured to be suitable for any skin type and serves a dual purpose as a hydrating moisturiser as well as a primer it is always on hand back stage with Charlotte.

We also prepped our lips with her lip magic lip balm. This is perfect if you do not like shiny glossy lip balms. We also were able to test out the latest addition to her line the Clay Mask on our hands. Again I was impressed with how soft my hands felt after removing this and although I did not have any big redness on the hands, I still noticed a difference.

Next, the head make up artist Nelson Catarino introduced us to the Norman Parkinson collection. The full collection contains two looks. The Miss Kensington (think Kate Middleton, British Rose) and The 1975 (A look that was inspired by the iconic Gerry Hall) on the night Nelson demonstrated the latter on the model but we were able to create either look on the evening.

I decided to go for the Miss 1975 look. I rarely do coral lips or a smokey eye so I thought it was the perfect opportunity to give it a go. Nelson went through each stage and then allowed us time to do the step on ourselves.

The Filmstar Bronze and Glow cream palette is part of the collection and I was so excited to give this a go. It was so easy to contour with. It is quite light on my skintone but I built it up slowly to create the shadows I was looking for.

My other favourite was the dreamy glow highlighter. I was expecting this to be a lot more pink in tone than it actually was and the subtle yet effective glow it gave was beautiful. A very day time appropriate piece to have.

Aside from the beautiful collection the other highlight of my evening was learning to apply pencil liner. I have always just used felt tip liners as I have an unsteady hand but one of the make up artists was very patient with me and taught me how to apply Charlottes Rock and Roll khol liner.have really sensitive lids (make up artist nightmare) and fell in love with the formula.

The masterclasses are a wonderful way to spend an evening either with a friend or just a bunch of beauty obsessives. Tickets generally cost £55 and are redeemable against the products you would like to purchase. 

I had a wonderful time. I left with a huge smile on my face and come pay day a slightly large dent in my bank account. 

Lots of love
bloglovin' | twitter

Labels: ,