Review | By Terry Ombre Blackstar in Mystie Rock



By Terry Ombre Blackstar in Mystie Rock
By Terry Ombre Blackstar in Mystie Rock
By Terry Ombre Blackstar in Mystie Rock
By Terry Ombre Blackstar in Mystie Rock swatch

If there was a tally of the most talked about beauty products I feel the By Terry Ombre Blackstar in Mystie Rock would be in the top 10. I first discovered it two years ago and recently finally bit the bullet and made a cheeky purchase.

Mystie Rock is a beautiful unique purple/ taupe shade with shimmer particles in it. It looks like genuine glitter on the lids but it isn't. I have not seen this shade anywhere which is why I knew I had to pick it up.

The By Terry Ombre Blackstar's are cream shadow sticks so they are really easy to apply. I apply them in two ways. During the day I would apply this just on my lash line and blend it out over the rest of the lid.

Another way I apply this one for when you want a glam eye. I take the entire stick of the lids and just blend it slightly in the crease. It gives the look an nice pink smokey eye in the summer time or nice glitter eyes for the winter  months.

Once you apply it, it sets and stays in place in all day. I swatched this in a rush with a lot of bags in my hands and made my way to the train station. When I got home it did not smudge and stayed in actually the same place as though I already applied it. The longest I have worn this for on the lids has to be 8 hours but I have no qualms in saying that if you needed to wear this for a good 12 hours, you could without having to worry about your eye make up.

As a make up collector/ hoarder I am in love with the packaging. The sleek gold stick feels a lot more than the £29 price tag. I still do my best to make sure I do not get any smudge marks on it, it is that beautiful.

So with the over flow of eye shadow crayons are the By Terry Ombre Blackstars worth it? Yes they are. There are cheaper alternatives for sure but there is something that genuinely gives me goosebumps when I apply this on the lids and for that reason, I would quite happily buy another one. 

Lots of love
Nafisah
bloglovin' | twitter

Labels: