Make up Monday | Time to Prime

Now that summer is under way (It is the official first day of summer later this week) I thought I would share with you my go to primers to keep your make up from melting off from the heat.

Primers are a make up item that I have a mixed relationship with. I tend to go through phases when I use them religiously and other times I tend to forget them. The one I currently using is the Laura Mercier Foundation Primer with SPF Protection. It is really comfortable, hydrating and helps my base look that bit more put together.

Using a primer helps your foundation stay on that little bit longer. It gives you a nice canvas to apply your base of choice too. I have dehydrated skin so I prefer a slightly more hydrating primer and Laura Mercier are my go to. If you have oily skin you may prefer something that is more silicone based such as the Benefit Porefessional. Both do the exact same job and keep your make up on all day.

I also use an eye primer. If you have oily eye lids, this will help your eye shadow stay intact without creasing or melting down your face throughout the day. I am currently using I love stage by Essence. It comes with a doe foot applicator and it blends easily on the skin. You can also use a concealer that matches your skin tone if you want an alternative. It is great for the summer evenings when you have a garden party or BBQ.

Both of these have been a must over the past few weeks and will be making more of a appearance on the blog and channel over the next couple of months.



Lots of love
bloglovin' | twitter