Make Up Monday | The fresh face

I was thinking of calling this the no make up make up look but let's face it, there is a lot of make up going down here. Over the past few days, I was experimenting with changing up my everyday make up look and came up with this look. It is a little bit more lighter than my usual make up and I have really liked wearing it. 

The base
I keep it light here on the regular but when you're keeping the look fresh you cannot go wrong with the Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue hydrating gel in the shade Ginger. This evens out my skintone, gets rid of any redness and very hydrating. 

To conceal any dark circles I like using a creamy concealer. It buffs in to the skin well and can almost look non existent. You all know my love for the Urban Decay weightless coverage concealer (in the shade dark brown medium) so I won't ramble on, just know it is a keeper. As usual I finished up with a little warming up of the face. My NARS Laguna bronzer just does no wrong. It is very finely milled so it is very hard to apply too much of it and look over done. It just does an incredible job of warming up your complexion. 

Eyes
I usually go the whole hog, shadow, liner mascara but all I did for this look is fill in the brows with my Illamasqua Precision Gel and combed through it. Combing through stops the brows from looking too bold and look over done as it works the product in better. 

I then just swept a little of Oasis from my Stila Eyes are the window palette. It is a beautiful gold shade just to add a little bit of something. 

Skipping the liner and heavy duty full on lashes I went in with the Lash Mania False Lash mascara from Essence. It is one of the more Natural but voluminous mascaras I own. I only recently started using it and while it is not my favourite on days when my lashes need the smallest lift like today. It does the job well. The formula is good and it lasts all day. 

Cheeks 
I kept it very soft, neutral and almost non existent on the blush front. My Kiko Soft Touch in 109 is a nice baby pink that blends in seamlessly to the skin. I applied the smallest amount just to give my cheeks some dimension and colour. 

Lips
Now how does a girl who loves a bit of lipstick go fresh? I tried something I didn't think I would like. I took my Rose Antique lipliner from Gosh and once I applied it I smudged it in to the lips with my fingers. Working the product in gave a nice natural my lips look that I was after. 

And voila, a more natural face from me. I enjoy the process of applying make up every morning but for days when I like to tone things down these tricks work a treat. 


Lots of love
bloglovin' | twitter