Review | Max Factor Excess Shimmer in Bronze

Max Factor Excess Shimmer in Bronze
Max Factor Excess Shimmer in Bronze
I do love a good cream shadow and when I saw Max Factor released their version in the form of their Excess Shimmer line I was intrigued. After lots of swatching, reading mixed reviews I decided to give the shade bronze a go.

Bronze is a nice chocolate bronze shade with hints of gold shimmer. I have a lot of neutral shades but mainly on the lighter side so this really excited.

What sets the Max Factor Excess Shimmer apart from other cream shadows has to be the formula. It is a lot more on the side of a mousse as appose to a traditional cream shadows such as the ones on offer from Benefit Cosmetics or Bourjois. It is a lot more fluid in consistency. You have to blend it slightly quickly and allow it to set for a couple of seconds before you apply your eye liner.

I was really impressed with the longevity of the shadow. As it was a mousse formula, I was expecting it to not last on the lids but this shadow has lasted a 8 hour working day and stayed in-tact. It is perfect for weddings or a eye look in the warmer months, where you want to look like you have put a little bit of effort on the lids but do not want to load yourself with make up.

The range is in a variety of shades, which I will be honest, a lot of them are not for me personally but there is definitely something there for everyone.

Lots of love
bloglovin' | twitter