Make up Monday | Fresh face 101

Fresh Face 101
Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue
Now that spring and summer should be making an appearance (It is still cold in the UK!) many of us are wanting the fresh natural skin. There are many things one can do beauty wise to achieve this.

First thing first, personally, it is all about the skincare. This is where fresh skin starts. You can try painting on make up but in order for it to look fresh and natural, you need a smooth canvas to work on. 

Double cleansing on days you wear make up, makes such a big difference. A double cleanse is when you use two cleansers. The first one being a cleanser to simply remove your make up. Something like the Garnier Micellar Water or Clinique take the day off cleansing balm which are really great at removing the dirt and pollution from the day. I then go in with the Oskia Renaissance Cleansing Gel which have skincare ingredients such as pumpkin enzymes. This cleans your face further allowing your skin to absorb the goodness in your skin. 

As someone who has dehydrated skin, exfoliating is a must for me. It helps re-texturise my skin brightening and removing roughness on my skin. My go toner at the moment is the First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Pads. These small pads do a great job at balancing my skin and I notice a really big difference in the tone and texture of my skin if I stop using this. 

The end of my skincare routine comes with moisturising the face. This helps with the fresh face because it adds the moisture back in your face. This brightens and plumps up the skin adding to the glow, fresh and radiant face. Which moisturiser you use is dependant on your skin type and the formula you use. Origins is my personal go to brand when it comes to moisturisers. They have a huge variety to choose from for all skin type. 

Now is when the make comes in to play. Again fresh skin requires something light, hydrating with a decent coverage. The Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue Gel is my go too at this moment in time. It has light coverage, allowing your natural skin to steep through. It evens out my skintone and gives my skin a hydrating boost. If you do want something equally light in texture but with slightly more coverage, the NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturiser is worth taking a look at. 

With a lighter base, concealer is your best friend. Using a lightweight high coverage concealer on the areas you need it stops your make up from appearing too heavy. The Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Coverage concealer is the one. The coverage this gives is great for under eyes and blemishes. For blemishes use a shade matching your skintone. For a more summer look, grab another shade slightly lighter than your natural skin and apply it on the high points of the cheeks, under the brow bone, on your nose, for a natural highlight. 

When all those things are said and done, I know my skin is the most fresh and natural place possible. 


Lots of love
bloglovin' | twitter