Make up Monday | Soft eyes and Red Lips








I have a new lip combination so I thought I would share an evening look with you all. 

The base 
I have the same base every time. There is no change here so I won't Drabble on and bore you. If you did miss it you can see my foundation and concealer combination here. 

To give my face some color I went in with the NARS Laguna Bronzer. It's slightly grey toned which works well and stops you from looking too muddy or orange the way some bronzer a can. 

The eyes
I've been loving a new eye shadow palette lately. The Chocolate Bar palette from Too Faced is incredible. The palette is infused with actual coco powder so you get the sweet smell of chocolatey goodness when you use this palette. It has a nice mix of shades which I am going to review it soon so keep an eye out. I use it today after priming my lids with the  Maybelline Color Tattoo in Creamy Beige as a base.

Salted Caramel from the palette. It's a nice warm toned matte with the shade Marzipan which is a nice champagne shimmer shade. It's is a soft eye that you can transition from day to night and works well with the lip I am wearing.

To finish it off I used two real tried and tested products. The essence eyeliner pen and Maybelline colossal mascara. Both guaranteed to work and not let me down. Perfect for when I am in a rush. 

Cheeks and Lips
For my cheeks I wanted a hint of pink. My skin is on the dehydrated side so I went in with my Max Factor Creamy Touch Blush in Soft Pink and them to enhance it I went in with a mineral blush from In the Buff called Rockstar*. I've only used this a couple of times so far but I am liking it. Highly pigmented and easy to work in the skin.

Time for some glow, I use my go to Mary Lou Manizer. I have shared my love for this highlighter for the past year now so I'll spare you the details but this is my go to for a effective shimmery glow. 

For lips I have been loving this new red combination I have discoverd. To me it's the star of the look. I apply the Urban Decay lip liner in Miss Mia Wallace. It allowed me to slightly overdraw my small lips and give me a long lasting base of red. I then went over it with the Maybelline Lip Pencil in Red Essential. This locks in the deep red apple shade. It adds fullness and volume to the lips they really are lipsticks in pencil form just as long lasting and durable. I first shared my love for them here but since then, I have not taken them off my lips. To enhance that even more I added some of the Mary Lou Manizer in the centre of the lips. Again this adds some dimension the lips. It isn't something I do all the time and save for special occasations.

And voila that is my go to evening look. Great for a evening to a restaurant or with a leather jacket and t shirt a trip to evening cinema. 

Lots of love
bloglovin' | twitter