Wednesday Ramblings | Save or Splurge Eyeko vs Essence



This weeks Save or splurge is a tough one for me. It features two of my favourite eyeliners. If you have read my blog for any length of time you will know I love both the Eyeko Skinny Liner and the Essence Eyeliner Pen. One costs £12, while the other costs £2:80, so I thought I would put them to the test side by side.


The Eyeko Skinny Liner is where my love for liner began. If you are new to eyeliner, this is a good starter pen. The nib is less flimsy which if you have wonky unsteady hands like me, this is perfect. The nib is slightly on the thicker side but has a point which means you can reach in to the inner corners as well as making a thin line.

As you can tell the Essence eyeliner pen has a thinner nib, which allows you to get right to the roots of your lashes. This pen lasts a very long time. I have this pen for about a year and even with me using it everyday, I have only recently started to see its colour and pigmentation slowly dying.

Both last all day and are very easy to take off with an eye make up remover. If you are a newbie to eyeliner as I was before both of these entered my life, either one is a great choice.

Personally, I do have to say in terms of application I reach for the Essence Eyeliner Pen more regularly. I find I can get a slightly more better finish for an everyday eyeliner. The colour could be a bit more dark and jet black, however that is mainly down to it drying out. I would repurchase it in an instance (Probably the next time I get myself to a Wilkos!)  The Eyeko liner on the other hand as much as I would like it, I would see what other liners the brand has to offer. 

Lots of love
bloglovin' | twitter