Review | Kiehls Hydro Plumping Re-Texturising Serum Concentrate

I've mentioned the Kiehls Hydro Plumping Re-Texturising Serum Concentrate* (Phew long name) in a few blog post before but after using it everyday for the past three months, I felt it was about time to give it's own blogpost.

Kiehls Hydro Plumping Re-Texturising Serum Concentrate* is the latest addition to the Kiehls Dermatologist Solutions and aims to plump up the skin and reduce the look of fine lines. By doing this it also claims to change the skins texture. 

I have been applying this every morning and evening towards the end of my skincare routine just before my moisturiser for the past three months and I have noticed a difference in my skin. Since using this I have noticed that my skin looks a lot more healthy. It takes away the dullness the winter weather can sometimes give it, making it more alive and fresh.

It looks like it would have a silicone texture when applied to the skin which I find to dry out my skin but that is not the case when it comes to the Kiehls Hydro Plumping Re-Texturising Serum Concentrate*. If you have dehydrated skin applying this underneath your moisturiser will do wonders. It isn't hydrating enough to use on it's own but it that is not what is it designed to do.

Another bonus I find with this is how you can double it up as a base for your make up. It smooths out your skin so your foundation sits better on your face.

The difference in this serum compared to others is the amount of Glycerin in it. It contains 15% Glycerin, which helps add the brightness you see on your skin. It is the second ingredient on the list after water which is why it is great if you are a dehydrated girl like me.

At £40 it is not the cheapest product in my skincare lineup but a good serum can be pricey and it does what it says on the tin, so to me that makes it worth it.

Do you use a serum or is it something you overlook in your routine?

Lots of love
bloglovin' | twitter