Make up Monday | The winter evening look


I haven't done a What's on my face post in a while but when I tried this look, I thought it would make for a nice evening face that is wearable and wanted to share it with you. I like how it is warm but soft and you can feel like you have made an effort without looking over done.

The Base
NARS is where it is at when it comes to bases. They sit well, don't break me out, have great coverage and the shade range is incredible. Being asian I find it hard to come across a good shade match for me but NARS tinted moisturiser in St Moritz is the one for me. It matches my skin completely. It's ran out so I borrowed my mothers which is slightly darker for me. That doesn't bother me though because it blends flawlessly and I just skip out on the bronzer. To conceal those dark circles I use the NARS Creamy Concealer in the shade Custard.

The Eyes
I've fallen in love with the Make up Revolution Flawless palette. The pigmentation and colours of the shadows is great for the price and you can create a lot of looks. I used three shades from the palette. The Shade Almost There which is a light brown shade, which is a nice taupe shade called Buff and then I used the shade highlite to give the look a little extra. I then lined my eyes with my usual Essence Eyeliner pen in waterproof* and used my Loreal So Couture Mascara. The more this mascara dries out, the better it works at giving my lashes some added thickness and volume as well as length.

My eyes are all done and it is time to work on those brows. I love a good strong brow and I have been using the Anastasia Dip Brow Pomade in the shade Ebony exclusively ever since I purchased it in the summer. It gives me the  brows I want with ease.

Cheeks and Lips
To give my skin some colour in this dull winter I went for the Soap and Glory Mother Blusher stick in the shade Pinkerbelle and then highlighted with my favourite Mary Lou Manizer highlighter, something else I have been using pretty exclusively since March. I love how this photographs and looks even in winter subtle but not too subtle.

The evening part of this comes with a dark lip. I decided to go budget on this and use the shade Beguiled from Topshop. It is a nice deep cranberry red with some pearliness to it. It is velvet matte, long lasting and hydrating. Exfoliate your lips first and use a lip balm while getting ready as it can highlight any dry patches on your lips.

I really like the over all look. I will probably be wearing variations of this throughout the rest of the winter months and probably after that too. I have done reviews on most of the products I have used so check those out for swatches ect if you want to see more. 

Lots of love
bloglovin' | twitter