Make Up Monday | Make up Trends of 2014




Now I would not say I am huge follower of make up trends. If something doesn't suit me, it doesn't suit me. I don't try and make it fit just because everyone else is. Saying that, 2014 is definitely the year I expanded and tried being creative with my make up so I thought I would do a round up of some of my favourites that I will be taking forward to 2015.

Purple Lips
You knew this one was coming. This year I got heavily back in to lip products and one of the colours I gravitated towards was purple. I have no idea where this came from but I do know this is here to stay. I like the way it looks and how it can instantly make a bland, basic outfit stand out without much effort.

Blue Liner
I was inspired to try blue liner by Super blogger Estee from Essie Button. She noted how subtle yet effective it is on the lids and I have to say I agree. It defines and shape your lips without being too overpowering. Great if you have small lids like me.

Brown Lips
Lips are where I tend to experiment the most. The mistakes are easy to erase and you can chop and change from one day to the next. Thanks to Kylie Jenner there was a revival of the nineties brown/ nude lips. I have to admit, I am indifferent when it comes to the reality star and her family but there is no denying she is stunning. I tried to not give in to this trend simply because I didn't want to follow everyone elses footsteps but I use to gravitate towards brown lips growing up and this sparked that interest in me again. Now It is a go to at least once a week.

Other than that, I would not say there have been any particular trends I followed and stuck too. (apart from classics that have been around for years).

I am very excited to see what 2015 brings. let me know what trends you have been loving this year. 

Lots of love
bloglovin' | twitter