Review | theBalm Mary Lou-Manizer







Highlighters are an essential make of my make up routine. They make me look much more awake and give me a nice healthy glow.Recently, Feel Unique had a massive summer sale and while browsing the virtual isles I stumbled across theBalm cosmetics Mary Lou-Manizer.

The Mary Lou-Manizer is  gold toned highlighter. I cannot tell you how long this has been on my wish list for what feels like an eternity so I decided now was a better time than ever to press the buy now button. The moment I applied this I had that 'ahhh" moment only make up gives me.

The texture is buttery and light which means that it won't upset the make up you apply it over. It is very finely milled and doesn't contain any chunks of glitter. This is something I like because although it is not always subtle you do not end up looking like a glitterball.

A huge plus for this highlighter is the pigmentation.  I literally apply two stroke of my brush on the pan and that does one of my cheek bones as well as the bridge of my nose. You really do not need a lot of this to give you a nice healthy golden glow.  I would definitely start off with the smallest amount on your brush and build it up.

I apply it with the Real Techniques Contour brush as it is the right size to deliver the perfect amount of shimmer without over doing it.

It is perfect for the colder months when your skin looks a bit more dull as it will do even more for me than it does now. It is great for everyday wear but equally for special occasions as it also photographs really well.

TheBalm Cosmetics is known for their quirky packaging and this no different. It is quite sturdy and comes with a nice compact mirror which is a decent size so perfect to keep in your handbag if you wanted too.

One down side I do have to add is that you can only find theBalm Cosmetics online if you're in the UK which is why it took me a while to decide to take the plunge and purchase it. If you live in London I know & other stories did stock theBalm so it may be worth venturing in too.

I will say though if you like a good highlighter you need this in your collection. Feel Unique stock it for just £16:00  and if you sign up to their newsletter you can usually find some form of discount.

Have you tried anything else from theBalm? I am quite tempted by their eye palettes and blushes!

Lots of love
bloglovin' | twitter