Top Tip Friday | Motivational Reads




As September is looming I feel like a fresh start is needed. I think it is the school girl in me that needs to get her life in order at this time of year. With that in mind, I thought many of you may be feeling the same and after the summer would like something motivational to get you going for the new school year ahead.

A type of book I like reading are lifestyle books, books that you learn from and tell you things can happen, giving you hope. So today, I thought I would share with you some of my favourite books when I am feeling low and in need of a dose of motivation.

Things Get Better by Katie Piper | Buy Here 
This is Katie's Piper's second book and it talks about the steps she took in overcoming her own tragedies while applying them to scenarios many of us face though our lives. It tells you how to release negativity from your life and replace it with love and care. It shows you the importance of looking after yourself and your mental health. (Something which I am personally trying to strive for) Knowing Katie's past struggles (read her story here) it made me appreciate the life I have.

True Whit by Whitney Port | Buy Here
If you are in your early twenties or about to graduate and embark on your career I would highly recommend this book. I've spoken about it on the blog before but it is filled with great tips from settling in to your first house to dealing with job interviews and more. It is written in a fun but thought provoking way and if you watched The Hills, you can see these are genuine tips Whitney learnt throughout her life.

GirlBoss by Sophia Amoruso | Buy Here 
One for all you entrepreneurs and those of you who want to be your own boss. Sophia's story is really about setting up a small business, staying true to yourself, developing your niche and turning it in to a multi million corporation.

The Honest Life by Jessica Alba | Buy Here 
Jessica Alba just seems like one of those people who has her life together doesn't she? She has seemed to have found the life/work balance which I think is something that happens over time. The Honest Life is all about living a toxic free life in the 21st century. What I like about this is that it is revery relatable compared to other books that talk about living naturally as well as telling you how you can do it on a budget (yes it is possible) I have started to implement some of these things in my life and something I want to do more when I move in to my new house in the future.

All of these books are inspiring and help me get some focus and sense back in to my life. I already have others books on my list to read so I am sure I will have an updated post in the future.

Let me know if you have read any of these books or what you do to motivate yourself.

Lots of love
bloglovin' | twitter