Top Tip Friday | Getting Ready for University


So if you are about to start university or heading back chances are you are about to have to start thinking about moving and it can be slightly overwhelming and exciting all at the same time. 

I absolutely loved moving in to my new place at the start of September and as the years went on the more enjoyed it so I thought I would share with you some of the tips I learnt along the way.

Shop your stash
Before you do anything take a good look around your house, your room and make a mental note of everything you have, is there anything you want to get rid off, anything that you need to replace when you go to university. This will give you an opportunity to give your space a good clean out before you start the next journey of your life.

Make a list
In fact make a couple. This is very important if you are a fresher because there will be loads of things you may not have realised. I personally would make a couple of lists. One being a list of things that you need to take with you and two others, one list of the things you already have and another list of things you still need to buy. You will be surprise at all the small things you usually take for granted you will need to make sure you take with you.

Be Minimal 
I know I just said that there will be things you will need you may over look but be realistic. Remember the room you will be staying in will be relatively smaller than you are use too. I had to go from sleeping in a pretty generous sized attic to a small room. So my tips would be to for the first semester at least take the least amount of clothes possible, if you like reading and listening to CD's (Yes, I do personally still listen to them) just take your favourites to add some of yourself to your room as soon as you have moved in. bare in mind, the chances are you will be exploring a new city, with new places to explore so you may want to save some room so you can accumulate things throughout your first few months there.

Get Excited
For some people moving can seem very daunting and like an never ending process. These are the genuinely the moments in your life that you will look back on and laugh at and miss once you have graduated so soak it all in and remember that the process is suppose to be fun too!

I do plan to do a video on my first year of university on my second channel so keep an eye out for that. It will be about more of the emotional side of being at university. If you are starting university this September I just want to say I hope you have the most amazing time and the experience is everything you want it to be and more. 

Lots of love
bloglovin' | twitter