Wednesday Ramblings | Reverse Washing



Hey there my loves, So a couple of weeks ago I posted a picture on my Instagram and Facebook with the words 'Reverse Washing' in the caption and I got asked a lot of questions about it so I decided to write a blog post about it.

Reverse washing is essentially what it sounds like. You reverse wash your hair. Instead of starting with shampoo, you first use your conditioner on your hair THEN go in with your shampoo.

So why do this after years of shampooing then conditioning your hair? Apprantly, the reason behind it is that the shampoo cleans your hair getting rid of any of the extra silicones in your hair providing you with thicker healthy looking hair.

Weary?  Confused? yeah me too but by the time I came across this I was desperate to try and find something that will revitalise my hair and as I wear a headscarf I didn't see the harm in trying it out. The outcome? I love it. My hair feels nicer, healthier, thicker, doesn't get greasy any quicker. The ends of my hair (as it is quite long) still remain on the dry side but over all I was impressed with the result.

I will give you a bit of warning though. Reverse washing can be a bit of a hit or miss. I have read articles that absolutely love it, I have read articles where the writer said it doesn't work for them. I've also read people do this once a week rather than everytime they wash their hair so take that in to accounts and see what works best for you and your hair.

As I mentioned, I am a fan of it and have been reverse washing my hair for at least a month now so it has had a good road test. My advice would be if you want to try it out give it a go a couple of times. If it is not for you simply go back to washing your hair the way in which we have known since the begnining of time. 

Lots of love
bloglovin' | twitter

Labels: , , , ,