Top Tip Friday | Taking a step back



Sometimes life provides you with events that make you step and re-evaluate what is important. We live in such a fast paced busy world that we can actually forget to live in the moment and create opportunities that we would enjoy and cherish for years to come.

I would be a hypocrite if I didn't say I wasn't the same. I always feel like I am running 1000m a minute and it doesn't have to be like that. For me personally, I know this need to change. So I have devised a plan to make this happen.

I've decided to do the following more that way I can look after my mental health as well as my physical health both of which work quite closely together.

Reading more
I use to read a lot, and by a lot I once went through 7 books over about a month or so. Recently though i've been making excuses and not finding the time. I think uni took the fun out of reading for me and that has to change. I've started reading a lot more again which makes me happy and I hope it isn't a phase and something that sticks. There is something beautiful about forgetting reality and delving in to a fantasy world from time to time.

Travel
I don't just mean a holiday but places in England I have never seen. I would love to do a few more weekend trips away if and when possible places like London and Brighton are first on my list.

Me time
This took me a while to get my head around as it sounds selfish but setting time aside for yourself doing something you don't NEED to do but WANT to do is good for your mental wellbeing. Not only that it help lifts your mood and in turn allows you to be happy.

Spend time with friends and family.
I feel like I don't actually do this enough and even when i do, I think I need to value it more so this is something that I want to work on to do more and to do properly because it is important. I can get social anxiety which doesn't help but I am working on it.

Pray
This is quite a personal one and not something that would fit everyone reading this but this is something that I am passionate about doing on a regular basis. It helps me feel calm and like there is order in my routine. It makes me feel like everything is ok. I don't talk a lot about my faith on my blog but it is a huge part of my life so it is definately one of the things I do extra off when I need to take a step back.

What is on your list of things you would like to do when life can get overwhelming and you realalise what you need to do is take a step back?

Lots of love
bloglovin' | twitter

Labels: , , , , ,