One of the things I like about summer is the food. The ice cream, the lemonade, the fruit. I love light food as you can eat it by the tonneful without feeling like your overdoing it. Saying that I am not sure eating a huge tub of ice cream everyday would be wise.
I thought I would show you a easy quick dessert that would be perfect for this time of year especially at a bbq or a small garden gathering with friends and family. I found this through Ingrid
but added a bit of a twist to it.
What you need.
Some other fruits (I chose dates)
A jar of peanut butter
Some Dark Chocolate
A serving dish
- Chop up some Bananas
- Once the banana's are chopping take two making a sandwich with peanut butter in the middle.
- After that is done to all the Banana place them in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Prepare the other fruits you would like to use ( I like strawberries and Kiwi.)
- Cut up the dark chocolate and place in microwave for a couple of minutes. (You can use Milk or White chocolate if you want too)
- Once the chocolate is melted dip the fruit in to the chocolate placing them on a baking tray.
- Take out your banana and peanut butter sandwich and do the same thing
- Place the baking try in the freezer but at least an hour.
- Then Enjoy
When I made these I honestly could not stop eating them. The Banana ones really did taste like ice cream. Warning though, they will not stay fresh so make sure you gobble them up the day you make them.
These are light, easy, minimal fuss and most importantly absolutely indulgent while being delicious and nutritious!
Lots of love
Labels: Bamblings of naffy, Banana, Chocolate, Dates, DIY Friday, Food, fruit, Peanut butter, Summer Treats, Treats