DIY Friday | Bookshelf cleaning

Happy Friday my loves. Cleaning and getting organised can be a pain but something we have to do.

If you know me, you'll know I have a rather big book shelf section. I am forever having to fix it to make sure anything new fits. If you do this you'll know it can be a big pain and the last thing you want to do when you've had a long day.

so I thought I would give you some tips that will hopefully help you if you get in a bind.

1- Leave at least an hour to do clean it all up.
If you put aside time to get your cleaning or organising done you won't rush. Rushing can cause you to slip and just half heartedly do the job. It is better to give it all your attention at once.

2- Organise in height 
In a bookshelf something I was told that I have done ever since is made sure all my books are in hight order. That means there are no tall books next to a smaller paperback book. 

3- Authors
This isn't always possible but if I read a series from an author I buy similar covers. This means they will be similar height so I can put them together. It is a bit of a pet peave if the authors are jumbled around my bookshelf.

4- Background sound
Whenever I am cleaning anything I love having some background noise. This can be anything from a YouTube video to a song playing on the video. It keeps your spirits up and makes it a bit more fun. 

And those are just some of my tips for sharpening up your bookshelf. Of you like these kind of posts let me know :)

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

Lots of love
bloglovin' | twitter

Labels: , , , ,