DIY Friday | Surviving a 3 for 2 beauty sale

Happy Friday you lovely people. I hope you all have a fabulous weekend. Incase you've been living under a rock you will have noticed that drugstores in the UK have a big 3 for 2 sale on all cosmetics, haircare, bodycare and make up accessories. For beauty junkies this is our idea of heaven and can become overwhelming because you suddenly want to grab everything on your list.

Considering that I could spend extra money on things I really do not need I thought I would share with you some of my tips when you are in that situation.

Make a list
I always have my notebook with me filled with a wish list from watching other bloggers or swatching at an earlier trip to boots. If you stick to lists this is a great way to do some research before going in to the store and also stops you from buying extra things that may not have been on your list earlier.

Level out the purchases
This is something my mama told me and she is so right. I might have mentioned it before but it is very useful so I thought I would again. In any 3 for 2 on anything the cheapest item is always free. So when you are in that situation make sure the three things you buy all roughly cost the same. What I do is that if I want to get a mascara that costs £11 the other two items will cost around £11 that way you genuinely get a free product rather buying an item that only costs £4.99. It is more cost effective and makes it more of a bargain.

Experiment
This is more just for a fun but I do use these times to try and have fun with my make up. I may try something that I have wanted to try but couldn't justify.

It's not the end of the world
You can get so excited and wrapped up in these sales you forget they come around 2/3 times a year (if you are savvy enough you may even notice a trend in the time of year it happens) so you do not have to go absolutely crazy. It means you can spread it out and wait until the next sale or promotion :)

and there you have it, these are the things I have to always remind myself when I see a sale. Hope you all find it interesting.

Ps - In case you missed it on Twitter, I have a surprise for you all here.

Lots of love
bloglovin' | twitter

Labels: , , , , ,