DIY Friday | Home made lip scrub




Happy Friday my loves, now I know the majority of you will have herd of lip scrubs but they can be a bit hard to find. The most well known to me personally is the one you can purchase at Lush (which not everyone has access too) So I thought I would do a little hunt and see if there was a way in which you could make your own version of a lip scrub at home. I found one that is simple, only requires a few ingredients and takes less than 5 minutes.

What you need:

Ingredients
1 Tbsp - Sugar
1 Tbsp - Honey
1 Tbsp - Lemon Juice

Equipment
1 Spoon
A small mixing bowl
A small container to store the scrub in.

Method
It really is the most easy thing in the world to do. Take the sugar and honey and mix them together. Be weary of over mixing, remember, we can the scrub to be a bit grainy. Once that is done simply add in the lemon juice for freshness, (Feel free to change this for vanilla extract for a more warmer feel) Once you are done you should come up with a grainy mixture which you can apply on your lips. I have only tried mine a couple of times so far but it is really nice, hydrating and leaves my lips feeling smooth. (if that changes i'll let you know)

I really like how this turned out but as I said just be weary of over mixing as I had a little trouble with that and ended up remaking it.

All in all lip scrubs are a great skincare essential to have especially if, like me, you enjoy wearing lipstick. It allows for a more smoother finish and keeps your lips in fabulous condition. I found the recipe here along with some others which look interesting too.

Let me know what you think and if you end up making your own lip scrub. 

Lots of love
bloglovin' | twitter

Labels: , , , ,