Make Up Monday | WOMF the special occasion edition



Happy Monday my loves, this weekend was quite a special one. It was a big day for one of my friends which meant lots of celebrating. I was lucky enough to be a part of this which meant dressing up a little more than usual so as most bloggers I took some notes on what make up I wore.

So I usually do extra prep on my skin but this time around I was slightly lazy. I was in the midst if unpacking all my belongings and ran out of my primer so to prep my skin I moisturised my skin using the Liz Earle moisturiser. I used my ESPA Pro Serum the night before so my skin was hydrated.

Then, I went in with my Laura Mercier tinted moisturiser in the shade Tawney. I really like this and the coverage it gives is similar to that of the NARS Radiant tinted moisturiser. To give a bit more of a flawless finish I concealed any dark circles under my eyes with Benefit's fake up concealer* It's creamy texture allows it to blend it easily and quickly without taking much time.

Seeing as it is winter and this is when skin can look a bit dull so I decided to bronze myself up with my Arbonne bronzer. This is the only bronzer I own (I try and have a one in one out policy where I can) and it does the trick for me.

To rose my cheeks up a bit I took some of my Max Factor Miracle Touch blush in Soft Murano. It is the best cream blush I currently own. If you are on a budget I would highly suggest trying this out above all over blushes. I wear this through all the seasons not just one.

I then focused on the eyes this was quick and although effective took very little time at all. I applied the colour verve which is a metallic silver shade from my Naked 2 palette and then to brighten them up I took the Loreal infallible eye shadow in Time Resist White in my inner corner. It is the perfect shade to do this with.

Then the thing I think defines the face I filled in my eyebrows with Illah brows kit* which I am liking using at the moment. There is no fall out and it stays effortlessly on throughout the day.

As it was a special occassion, it called for one of the best voluminous mascara I have in my possession. Benefit they're real. I am starting to use this sparingly as I am worried about it running out but it really is as good as people say it is. A repurchase may be in order in the future.

Now, we come to the end of the look and bring some colour to the lips. I apply my Gosh LipLiner (which I need new shades in) and my Kate Moss Kiss of Life lipstick. I don't own Ruby Woo or Russian Red yet (how bad is that?!) but if you are looking for a great budget red lipstick I highly recommend this one. It stayed on throughout lots of talking, eating and drinking.

All in all, I really liked this look and it lasted all day. 

What do you think of this look?

Lots of love
bloglovin' | twitter

Labels: , , , , ,