Make Up Monday | The Mascara Lowdown







Happy Monday lovelies! hope you all had a fabulous weekend and are looking forward to the week ahed. If you had asked me a couple of years ago if I would be a regular mascara user, chances are I would have said no. Now, it is something I rarely leave the house without applying a coat of the black liquid on my lashes.

I've learnt what works for me as they vary and is quite a personal preferences so I thought I would share that with you. I have realised what I look for is volume and thickness. I like my lashes to look full  and thick as I feel this is what makes my eyes open up and look more awake.

You might think this can be too much and sometimes it can be. Sometimes you just don't want to apply too much or your not wearing any other make up but wanted something a little bit natural. This has taken me a while to find because quite simply I still want the thickness with may be a little less volume. I finally found one (which I was surprised at) That appears to do the job.

What to look out for in a mascara:

Here are two of my favourites. I still want to do some more mascara testing as there are many out there that look amazing but these are my current loves.



My first go to Mascara is Benefit's They're real. It is the No1 selling mascara for a reason. It works. I am on my second tube of this and I want to have one to hand all the time if possible. The formula is a bit wet a first but application with this wand which is short with plastic bristles is really easy and smooth. It doesn't get all over your eyes, doesn't clump up even when it dries (in fact the drier it is the better the application)

Another, probably the first mascara I actually really liked has to be Maybeline the Flasies mascara. I had her Tanya Burr and Ingrid rave about this for months so I decided to give it a go. Oh my goodness - if you like a good voluminous mascara and still haven't the one I would give this one a go. The wand has a slight curl making it easy to get in to the corners of your eyes.



For those natural days my go to is something I found by mistake. It is the Barry M Lash Vegas mascara. It is such a great drugstore find. Unlike other mascaras this gives my lashes a bit more thickness than other regular lengthening mascaras. I did a full review here if you want to know more. It does dry out quickly which is not ideal but for the price you really cannot complain.

With all three Mascara's I get complimented on my lashes and I love how all three make my lashes look.

If there is anything I have learnt over my mascara journey (which I am still on) is to simply test them out. There are many formulas, textures and brush types out there so pick a variety and find which one you are more comfortable with. Hope this helps some of you.

What mascara's do you recommend that I try?



Lots of love
bloglovin' | twitter


Labels: , , , , ,