Make up Monday | Back To Basics




Happy Monday beautifuls!, after all the heavy make up over the past few months, I thought I would take it down a notch and go back to basics. This would be my choice for a no make up make up sort of day.

For the base, I would prime my face with the Bourjouis Happy Light Serum Primer before going in with my Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser. I have been using this for a few weeks now and have to say I love it. (Keep your eyes peeled tomorrow for a proper review)

I then skip any blush or bronzer but you can apply some if you wish too. My Benefit Fake Up Concealer* has been a life saver and this is no exception. It perks my face up and you cannot tell I've only had  few hours of sleep.

Then for the eyes, keeping it simple I go in with a light champagne shade. I love the Benefit Creasless Cream Eye Shadow. I have the shade Samba De Loves me which is discontiuted (I'm sorry!) but the shade Bikini Tini is quite similar.

To complete the eye look I add a bit of mascara. This is my absolute must. Mascara opens your eyes and makes you look awake so even if I do not have anything else on. It makes a big difference. For a natural look I go with my Barry M Lash Vegas mascara. Gives me decent volume and length.

Now then for lips, I would go with a nude shade or a sheer tinted lip balm. I have yet to find my perfect nude shade but at the moment Fast Play by MAC does the trick. Flor lip balm I am still in love with my Korres Lip Butter in Pomegrante, it smells amazing and is very hydrating. perfect for this time of year.

There you have it, a lovely understated back to basics make up look. Perfect if you do not wear a lot of make up or for those days you just want to go out quickly for a few errands.

What is your go to look?

Lots of love
bloglovin' | twitter

Labels: , , , , , ,