Make up Monday - Wearing a red lip



Happy Monday! Anyone excited for the end of the month yet? I know I am really looking forward to seeing my family and hopefully doing some shopping! Plus my birthday my birthday is next month so I am very excited for all that is to come with it.

Anyway, slightly off topic! If you missed part one last make up Monday, this time of year is perfect to try out a red lip. Personally, I wear them all year around (even in the summer) but it is a great time of year to experiment with a bolder lip if it is something you are unsure about.

Red lips often need some preparation, especially in the winter when your lips are dry so I thought I would show you how I get around all of this to produce a great red lip.

What you will need



The first thing I do before I start applying my make up is my give my lips a good scrub. I use the Lush Mint Julips scrub which smells (and taste) like mint chocolate chip ice cream in a bottle. This exfoliates the skin giving you a smooth surface to apply your lip stick on.

I find this to be quite drying so after I have exfoliated my lips I use a hydrating lip balm. I like the ESPA Mandarin Lip Balm for these occasions as it not glide around your lips and provides them with the moisture it needs. I let this all sink in whilst applying the rest of my make up.

When it is time to apply the lip stick I line my lips first to make sure the colour doesn't run. My favourite one at the moment is this one from Gosh as it is perfect to fill my lips and not too drying. After lining the edges of my lips I fill the rest of it in.

Then it is time for the lipstick. My favourite formula especially for a red lip is matte. It gives a flawless chic look to the lips. You can apply this with a lip brush if you are worried about making a precise line especially if it is for a special occasion but on a regular basis I just applied it straight from the bullet.

Using these steps I am all ready with a red lip. 

Lots of love
bloglovin' | twitter

Labels: , , , , ,