Happy Friday lovelies, now be real with me here. Is the first thing that came in to your mind when you read this yuk?
If it was, I don't blame you. a few months ago I probably would have thought the same. I decided to give these ago because I had everything I needed in the house. I was also craving cookies so why not make them nutritious and better for your health?
I got this recipe from this instagram which is run by a chef called Nicole. This is only thing I have made from her but it was delicious.
In total these only take about 30mins to make.
Here is how
- A can of chickpeas
- a tbsp of honey
- a tsp of vanilla essence
- roughly 2 - 3 tbsp of peanut butter
- choc chips.
The ingredients were in cups so I kind of just measured out myself. You could probably add a bit more or less if you wanted too.
- Drain the can of chickpeas - you can just pat them dry if you want too but I let them dry while I answered some emails and did some work.
- Place chickpeas, peanut butter, honey and vanilla essence in a blender.
- When it all combines together you stop and add in the choc chips.
- You then make cookie shapes.
- Put the tray in to a pre heated oven of gas mark 6
- Wait for roughly 20 - 25 mins
- When cookies are golden brown take them out of the oven
- Leave to cool
The cookies are nice and soft just the way I like them. The mixture of the chocolate and nut flavour go amazingly together too.
These were so easy to make. I will definitely be making them again. I might try them with dried fruit instead of chocolate too.
Let me know what you think.
Lots of love
Labels: chickpea peanut butter cookies, cookies, Food, Food Friday, food friday cookies