Hey Ladies, halfway through the week! :) so today I thought I would do something a little bit different. If you are in the UK you will know we are in the middle of exam season at the moment.
I graduated from university a year ago now (where did the time go?!) so I thought I would put together some things that you might find useful when revising.
These are generally things that I have by me in my 'home office' whether I am simply writing an article or blogging or doing some hardcore revision. So I hope this helps some of you.
First of all, the things you need to study and write notes. I find it easier to make sure I have everything together before I start. That way I don't have ot keep getting up and down.
This is what I generally use to revise.
- Notebook - Stating the obvious first - you will be writing notes so it goes without saying you need a book to keep them them or at least write them in. I like doing graphs too as notes so some plain A4 paper is also something I have.
- A pencil case- I am a stationary addict. I have a lot of it. This pencil case in particular has everything from felt tip pens and coloured pens for my mind maps and note writing. I like using colours - stops you from getting bored and makes your notes easy to read back.
- Highlighters - I love using highlighters when revising. They are really good for drawing bubbles around words and helps emphasise important words you write. If you are reading notes I find it better to concentrate highlighting whilst reading. This way I know that I am actually reading everything instead of just reading and it not going in to my head to remember.
- Sticky Notes - I love me some posts it. Honestly my diary and blogging book is filled with them. They are so versatile and can be used for so many things. They are a great revision tools especially if you are a visual kind of person.
- Standard Pen - I already told you I have a army of coloured pens in that pencil case but you also need the typical blue/ black pen. I still find these the best to write the bulk of my notes out especially if you like biro pens. It can still be colourful using coloured pens and highlighters for things like bullet points and headings and subheadings.
Now for the fun bit (don't deny you didn't see this picture and want to know why these were mentioned )
These are a few extras which I think are pretty important to the exam process.
- Tea - I am Nafisah and I am a tea a-holic. No seriously I am. I need at least 2 cups a day otherwise my day feels odd. I love tea and it really just helps me when I am working. I gives me some extra energy and keeps me going. I usually have a snack with it or if I don't have time I have drink it whiles revising or typing away. A tea is a must for me when I am busy. If I have a snack it forces me to stop and have a 10 minute break at the least.
- Fruit - That brings me on nicely to food. I try to eat some form of fruit as it stops me from feel icky and actually rejuvenates your energy. My favourites to have during exam time especially are Banana's or Cranberries. They are not messy which means you can eat and revise / work at the same time.
- Snacks - also during revision time people want to eat pretty everything in site so take some time to sit back and indulge in a craving. You will probably be feeling pressured or stressed so this will help calm you down again and with the break too. It means you can go back to tackling your revision with a better frame of mind.
- Beauty essentials - Now as a beauty junkie some beauty things are never too far from me. I generally have my lip conditioner from Blistex and my hand cream by my side with all my revision stuff and sometimes with the odd lipstick there. Something i just like to wear it around the house (don't ask) but a lip balm and hand cream are a definiete must.
So there you have it. With all that by your side you are revision ready (I hope) If you have exams good luck and I hope this has helped even just a little bit.
Lots of love
Labels: exam revision, exam survival kit, Food, studying